Saturday, December 26, 2009

Coming back to you...

After a recent trip to visit one of my best friends from school, I am missing all my school friends badly. So here's a post dedicated to all of them. :-)

There is something about your school friends which allows you to just be yourself. Maybe it's the fact that they know you too well.

You don't have to explain names and dates and events or books or teachers or TV shows to them. They went through it all with you once upon a time. They know exactly what(or who) they're talking about. They're just slightly surprised that you also remember that!

You don't have to(read: can't) pretend. They'll see right through your pretensions.

You don't have to worry about doing or saying something stupid. Chances are you've said something stupider and they still remember to tease you about it!

You don't have to worry about a bad hair day when you're with them. They were with you at the parlour when you got the worst haircut ever!

You don't have to hold back your opinions when you're around them. They know your reaction even before you do.

They don't look down upon you when you stalk people on facebook to find out the gossip. They're merely happy to get the news!

The remain some of the most interesting and fun people you have met till date!

And most importantly - it doesn't matter that you haven't met them in years (which it was in my case) and you are in completely different stages of your lives (both personal and professional). It doesn't matter that in those years you think you've 'changed a lot'. She doesn't and you guys pick up exactly where you left off and it feels like you're back in your pink and white having lunch under the trees!

15 comments:

Vinod Pillai said...

First comment again :).

Spica said...

It doesn't count if you just go "1st comment". You write something decent cause I'm very sure none of the idiots this post is dedicated to would even bother reading it.. let alone comment. Such is life!

Roshan George said...

While I probably have no clue who you're talking about, I recently met a couple of schoolmates who were saying good-bye to another one of us who was leaving to Canada. You're totally right about how easy it is to connect. Totally cool :)

Kikyo said...

Hi! Hisashiburi ne! ;) Yeah... I know the feeling of reminiscing the good 'ol days... gee... makes me feel so old! Hehehe... But it also makes it a little sad when I think of how most (almost all) of my friends are too busy to say 'hi!' these days! Ah well... I guess that's life! Hope you're doing well!

Spica said...

RG(yeah, now you get the true meaning!): How can you not have a clue when you just said you connected. Je ne comprends pas!

Kikyo: My friends have been threatened into keeping in touch by yours truly, so that isn't really too big a deal. It's just that you miss them so much. And they're scattered all over the globe so we don't get to meet at all. So it's kinda sad.. :-(

dragonflies dancing on the wall said...

what was that about none of the idiots reading it?

Soin said...

its strange that it works that way..free

Spica said...

@dragon(yeah, cu out the rest, girl!): That makes one out of 8! Great. Now my day is made! :-P
And yeah, one week before wedding is not exactly a time to start your own blog!

@soin: yup! My life is full of irony!

dragonflies dancing on the wall said...

oh I started it ages ago...just didn't blog :P

Spica said...

:-P what's the point then? And how is it that you have so much time that you blog and facebook and the like?!

Nikita said...

Your last line about having lunch under the trees, brought upon me a bout of nostalgia. Thanks for bringing back that memory :)

Spica said...

:-) Lunch under the trees were the best!!

Roshan George said...

Oi, CG, I don't know who specifically _you're_ talking about because I never wore 'pink and white' (well, almost never). However, I do know _what_ you're talking about!

Spica said...

RG.. almost never?? Hmm..Interesting..

Chicken Little said...

Sigh.

I hate to say this, but thanks to friends at school, I've set the bar too high. Not a good thing.