Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Personal jinx!

Lately, I have a feeling that I'm cursed! Any IPL team I support seems to be losing! It started of course, with CSK. I admit it,it was me who was in the way of all their defeats! Took me long enough to realise what the problem was..

It started last saturday. CSK lost against RR. My status message was "Go CSK go!" And they promptly lost the match! There was a match after that - Mumbai indians vs Delhi Daredevils. I was told to "pray that Mumbai wins, cause if they do, CSk goes to the semis". So obviously, my status was "Go Mumbai!". Guess what? They lost the match too!

Coincidence? That's what I thought too, until there was a Mumbai vs RR match.

Jaipur needed 35 runs from 2 overs! Everyone assumed that Mumbai will sail to a finish, but sadly they didn't know that I had just joined the Mumbai cheering squad! Just to irritate a friend I said "Mumbai rocks. Go Mumbai Indians!". The next ball, jaipur hit a six and went on to win the match!!!

It finally dawned on me what I had to do! Switch loyalities! CSK vs Deccan Chargers. CSK's final chance to get into the semis. My status message: "Go Deccan". And guess what? It worked! CSK won! There was much celebration afterwards. Though my team (DC) lost, I was kind hearted enough to be happy for my friends... ;-)

Now I switch my loyalities again:

"Go Punjab! Go Delhi! Go Jaipur! Go Go Go!! Lets kick some CSK ass!!!"

:-)

13 comments:

Achal said...

screw some csk ass....not kick!

Anonymous said...

You have a 'believer' here.

Spica said...

@ Achal: I'm gonna ignore the implications of that comment!

@ Sido: Thanks, I guess. :-P

Roshan George said...

As much as I love reading your blog, I have an aversion for cricket, so I'm going to sit this one out.

Satyaki Roy said...

Whats the full form of IPL?

Spica said...

@indulgence: It stands for Indian Premium League.

Spica said...

Update: CSK(stupid team) actually defeated punjab Kings XI after me supporting Punjab for over a week. Ah, well.. One last chance. We'll kick their butt yet!

GO RAJASTHAN GO!!!!!!!!!!!! GO GO GO!

Vinod Pillai said...

Traitor.. ;)

Achal said...

and the jinx is broken...just in time...phew!

Spica said...

@ Vinod: :-P

@Achal: Actually, no.. I cheated.. I was supporting CSK last two overs.. Couldn't help it.

@ The rest-of-the-CSK supporters: SORRY!!!! :-(

Roshan George said...

That last over was awful. Why why why?! Yes, I succumbed to the mood and watched the match too.

Vinod Pillai said...

stupid game.. stupid umpires.. stupid stupid stupid...

Spica said...

@ Vinod and Roshan : Don't. As our man Sido himself said "it doesn't matter. We're still the Super kings. We still have filter kaapi and Dabaangkuthu.. No one can take it away from us! "

CSK rocks \m/

(you have no idea how good it feels to finally say that!)