Saturday, September 20, 2008

The list

I had compiled a list of movies-to-watch-when-you're-feeling-bored-cause-you-gotta-watch-them-before-you-die-else-your-life-had-no-meaning sometime back, but never got around to posting it.. and then of course, I forgot all about it. Recently, Aquila had asked me to suggest a movie, and I remembered the list. I took it out, dusted it, and now i'm putting it up. I haven't seen some(say, 30%) of the movies myself, so dont blame me if you don't like it - just know that whoever recommended it did so strongly! All additions are always welcome. Happy watching! :-)

The serious ones

1.Mississipi burning
2.The deer hunter
3.Dead man walking
4.Scent of a woman
5.The bridges of Madison country
6.Flags of our fathers
7.Leaving las vegas
8.Syriana
9.Traffic
10.Cast away
11.Apocalypse now
12.The French connection
13.The swashank redemption
14.Lost in translation
15.Schindler’s list
16.Million dollar baby
17.Crash
18.Blood diamond
19.Arlington Road
20.One flew over the cuckoo’s nest
21.The aviator
22.Life is beautiful
23.Dangerous minds
24.Saving private Ryan
25.Road to Perdition
26.The deep end of ocean
27.A few good men


The not so serious ones

1.Good will hunting
2.Wag the dog
3.As good as it gets
4.Ocean’s eleven
5.My best friend’s wedding
6.Notting hill
7.Music and lyrics
8.Little Miss Sunshine
9. Seabiscuit
10.The greatest game ever played
11.Father of the bride
12.Starsky and Hutch
13.Hitch
14.Forrest gump
15.One fine day
16.Pretty woman
17.Pirates of the Carribeans
18.True lies
19.Erin Brochovich
20.The terminal
21.About a boy
22.August rush
23.Love actually



As kids

1.Finding Nemo
2.Ice Age 1 and 2
3.Madagascar
4.Parent trap
5.Lion king
6.Dunston Checks in
7.Liar Liar
8.Prince of Egypt
9.Baby’s day out


The classics

1.An American in Paris
2.Sound of music
3.Roman holiday
4.Star wars – the whole series
5.My fair lady
6.How to steal a million dollars
7.Sabrina
8.Charade
9.The good, the bad and the ugly
10.Benhur
11.For a few dollars more
12.for a fistful of dollars
13.Once upon a time in the west
14.Unforgiven
15.Mackenna's gold
16.Godfather
17.Casablanca
18.The bicycle thief

17 comments:

Roshan George said...

If going to have spaghetti westerns, put Kurosawa there too.

ess said...

I've only seen one of your "serious" movies. And what do you mean by a not-so-serious list if you put A Few Good Men in it?

aarti said...

hey wers About a boy? love actually!!
and erin brockwich... :(
i think u have to rethink ur list missy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spica said...

@ Roshan: Kurosawa? Never heard of it.. But I'll take your word for it!

@ Ess: It is a feel good movie!!

@ Aarti: I know I should've run the list through you before putting it up! :-P

Anonymous said...

"Kurosawa? Never heard of it"
:-O

dear chitra, do feel free to drop in and borrow any dvd/hard drive you might find at my place.

A walk to remember ?? *flabbergasted*

Achal said...

kurosawa aint a movie! or is it?

Spica said...

@ Sido: A walk to remember was suggested by a friend.. I don't think I've seen it myself. As for Kurosawa - sowwie *looks guilty*

ess said...

Oh please. A walk to remember is as lame as they get. I mean, she has leukemia. That's Ninaithaale Inikkum but with high school kids!

And A few good men is a feel-good movie?! Because Tom and Demi hook up at the end?

Spica said...

@ Ess: Refer my reply to Sido. Since it's getting such a raving review from all of you are against it, I'll remove it from the list. Pah!

And in AFGM, Demi and Tom don't hook up in the end - not really.. In the end, justice is metted out. That's why it's a feel good movie!

Anonymous said...

'a walk to remember' is hollywood's answer to karan johar ishtyle romance flicks.. 'The fountain'- now that is one hell of a love story with somebody dying in it.

Spica said...

I took it offf!! i took it offf!! now STOP!

PI said...

this reminds me. i really need to watch more movies.

Spica said...

@ pseudo: :-P If only I could say the same thing.. * sighs *

Anonymous said...

this is fun.. I propose an amendment to THE LIST.. let us now remove /* generate random movie name */

Spica said...

X-(

Satyaki Roy said...

great list... especially the serious ones...

PI said...

hey chitra, have tagged you. check my blog. cheerio!