Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cutting off..

Eventhough I'll be 22 soon, the way some of my friends behave, I feel I never left high school! They gossip, they bitch, they get hurt when you don't choose sides, they hold grudges and refuse to let go of them and basically make your life hell.

I don't think my parents aprove of my feeling so strongly about this, but I hate it when one friend of mine bitches about another. What I hate more is when one of them goes all "Oh, we should so meet up sometime and catch up - all of us" and doesn't turn up for any party you arrange, even if the party is so scheduled just so it matches their schedule! I hate it when they cite parental permission as a reason for not coming but manage to get around their parents when it comes to meeting their boyfriends/girlfriends.

And you know what else I hate? If they call one of my close friends names and claim he/she(person X) just "uses people" even though I know very well that it is no so and X was the only person there for me through a certain mini crisis when all of them weren't even acknowledging my existance.

I hate it that they can be so insensitive about my friends and how I'd like to hear such things about them.

Yesterday, Mutt was cribbing about how a friend of hers "cut her off". (You know, doesn't pick up/return calls, emails. Always busy, the works.) And I was all "why would anyone want to do that?". Now I am seriouly considering it. Not that it'll take much effort mind you, considering I'm the one who calls most of the time anyway!

And why am I not doing so? Because they're most of what I have left from a certain period in my life and to let go would mean.. I dunno.. Failure?

P.S: I am writing this in a lot of rage, sorry about that. And if you're wondering about what happens if one of them reads it (because it's pretty obvious who the people are), then my answer is, I'd like it if they did. I wouldn't have any explaining to do.

8 comments:

Nikita said...

oh dear! oh dear!
Let them read your feelings and hopefully they would see their fault instead of cribbing about the post. I too have known so many such people.
Cheer up!

Abhi said...

Ummm.. I can't exactly explain why, but on some of the points I totally understand and agree with what you say.

PI said...

cheer up.friends do weird things sometimes.i know what you mean :|

ess said...

And why am I not doing so? Because they're most of what I have left from a certain period in my life and to let go would mean.. I dunno.. Failure?I should know. I feel the same way about not cutting people off. Especially when they don't want to make even half the effort you do.

The flip side is that if you keep this up, you'll probably be the most valuable person for your schoolmates' silver jubilee reunion :)

Spica said...

@ Nikita: Thanks for the empathy! It's weird how many of my friends called me up with "Who exactly were you talking about? Did I do something?"

@ Abhi: Maybe because you've been through the same thing.. It's a common thing, according to the afore-mentioned parents who were all "But it happens to everyone. Even to us. Even now. So why is it such a big deal!" x-(

@ Pseudo: I guess you do.. going by your posts..

@ Ess: But I don't want to even go to my silver reunion. There are more people I don't want to see than I do right now!

Spica said...

Hey Abhi, how come I'm not allowed to access your blogpost anymore?

Li. said...

I wish some of my friends read this post! BINGO!

Spica said...

Li: Direct them to it, by all means! :-)